Oh hell - I'll watch anything.
A few lessons imparted by Survive Style 5+:
1. Home invasion can be fun.
2. If a guy who looks like Vinnie Jones gives you a hard stare and asks you "What's your function in life?" - just run.
3. Never, ever let yourself be hypnotized.
4. If you take steps to murder your wife, you'd better make sure she's really dead, because if she isn't... Look out.
5. If someone thinks they're a bird, maybe they are.
Easily one of my favorite viewings this year. Perfectly demented.
For as consistently crappy as it's releases are, The Asylum have distilled the practice of the rip-off down to a fine art. Consider the exquisite economy of the title alone - Atlantic Rim. With those two words, you know what's being ripped off. You know the amount of effort put into making this movie stand on its own. Heck, if you're already familiar with past releases like "Transmorphers", "I Am Omega", "Paranormal Entity" or "Snakes on a Train", you might…