Rather than create another straight-up favorite movies list, The Brandon Canon is a loosely defined collection of films that I personally deem essential viewing in one way or another, for better or worse. My logic with taking this approach is that it provides a better insight into my personal tastes and preferences, because simply creating a list of bests or favorites doesn't leave as much room for misfits I have a soft spot for like CLIFFORD or GOTTI.
Criteria include, but not exclusively limited to:
- all-time favorites, which may sound contradictory to the above mission statement, but those still have an important place on this list
- gems I consider underseen/underrated
- movies that are an extremely special kind of bad (see above: GOTTI)
- majorly influential films to me
- things that I would eloquently label as "extremely my shit"
List is currently ordered by release date.