Don’t forget to select your favorite films!
I don’t know what else needs to be said about this movie but Vanessa Kirby is just too damn good portraying silent grief and then the explosion of emotions that come afterwards when you’re pushed to the limit.
Pregnancy and giving birth is hard, but losing a baby that you’ve carried for months just minutes within coming to the world is heartbreaking and can shatter even the strongest person. Even though everything starts coming apart at the end, I can’t say I wasn’t invested. Nice job, Kirby.
I’m convinced all teenage romcoms have the same plot:
1. They wanna go to an Ivy League college
2. One gets in, the other doesn’t
3. The rejected one settles for a normal college
4. They fight about it but eventually make up
5. They stay together and convince us that their love is so strong that being thousands apart from each other won’t be an obstacle
6. The end
I’ll allow Peter and Lara Jean to have this round because they’re so cute.