Wyatt’s review published on Letterboxd:
Why am I watching these in reverse order? No clue!
Just a list of thoughts:
- Courtney Cox's hair in this movie influenced Darth Maul; tell me I'm wrong!
- This has the most self-aware and fun openings to a movie ever; that was so fucking genius/funny.
- Speaking of that, the film really is self-aware and contrary to what a number of people have written, I don't think the film goes overboard in reminding us that it's a sequel. There's about a handful of well-placed, well-crafted parts throughout the script that play upon the premise of sequels being second-rate.
- LOVED Sarah Michelle Gellar's character saying their's no such thing as a good sequel when years later she would be in the cult classic iconic sequel, Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed (a sequel we don't often talk about which I think needs to be addressed).
- Liev Schreiber holding a gun wooah