DreamScape40’s review published on Letterboxd:
🔪 My mom one day decides she wants to watch this film with me to find out what the hype was all about. After finishing the film she tells me not to watch this anymore. She thought that this was bad for me and not good to be watching all the time. And yes yes I have watched it more over the years. It did not turn me or drive me nutty. I love watching horror. Always have and always will. She was never really big on the horror genre or sci-fi. So for her to watch this was a shocker and exciting cause I got to watch a horror with her at least once.
🔪 If I remember correctly I want to say this came out twice in theater. At least at my location at the time back in NC.
First time it came no one knew about it. Then I think it was pulled and then brought back few months later into theaters and that's when it became popular.
🔪What I love about this film🔪
- Strong, gripping beginning intro with Drew Barrymore. Love her!
With a brilliant ending.
- Matt L./ Stuart, "Liver alone! It was a joke"
- Linda Blair (Reporter) wearing cross earrings
- Wes Craven playing Fred the janitor and looking like Fred Kruegger
- I relate to Randy. Movie freak and works in movie rental store ( Blockbuster was my haven back in the day )
🔪Randy's Survival Horror Movie Rules🔪
1 - You can never have sex.. Sex equals Death
2 - Never Drink or Do Drugs.. Sin Factor
3 - Never ever ever under any circumstances say "I'll Be Right Back" .. Cause you wont be back
- Love the cast!
- Beautiful filming location!
- Fun, hilarious dialogue
- Awesome soundtrack!