Eli Hayes’s review published on Letterboxd:
"But you know, problems don't stay problems.
They turn into something else."
No time to write an extensive review tonight:/ but...
Reasons this is a very good movie:
- It's a great example of a micro-level character study
- Especially one dealing with ideas of decision making and grief
- The "hobo life" scene (lol)
- It quotes Flannery O'Connor
- The strength of the parent-child relationship aspect
- Fantastic editing
- Soundtrack includes Box of Rain & Ripple by the Grateful Dead
- And last, but not least, Witherspoon's performance
"AND I SAY, HEEY YEEAAH YEEEAAAH,
HEEY YEEAAH YEEEAAAH
I SAID HEEEY, WHAT'S GOINN ONNN!?"