Ella Kemp’s review published on Letterboxd:
I cannot rate this objectively with “stars” and “criticism”. I remember being *obsessed* with the book. Girls in love! You love to see it!
Some stuff that happens:
- Natasha Bedingfield’s Unwritten is used earnestly
- When America Ferrera storms off in tears, for some reason she does so without putting her shoes on
- Blake Lively seriously smoulders and pours a bottle of water over her head to seduce a little man with a bad haircut
- Girls are still seen as “pretty enough” and “mega hot” according to whether they have their hair up or down (see: Alexis Bledel)
- Someone is called Tibby
- A PAIR OF JEANS FITS FOUR YOUNG WOMEN WHO LOOK NOTHING ALIKE AND YET THIS FILM MAKES NO ROOM FOR EVEN A SPRINKLE MAGICAL REALISM. As Mr. Perlman would say, What a waste!!