Jennica’s review published on Letterboxd:
I decided to watch this movie instead of dealing with my responsibilities and I have a lot of thoughts about it:
• I absolutely loved my bad ass, bi queen Valkyrie. Every single slow-motion shot of her walking, every fight scene with her kicking everyone's asses, every moment where she chugged down a bottle of alcohol, was Poetic Cinema 👌
• Every scene where Thor uses lightning was also poetic cinema
• Hela was the hottest gothic Goddess of Death
• Korg was the cutest, softest rock creature
• Loki was actually an enjoyable part of this movie? I can't believe this movie got me caring about him and his ugly ass wig again
• I also can't fucking believe that I forgot to mention that I love the insinuation that the Grandmaster was Loki's sugar daddy.
• I also can't believe that scene that included the other Hemsworth brother and another unsolicited surprise cameo from Matt Damon
• I love how most of the other random cameos were just Taika's New Zealand friends
• I obviously didn't care about Benadryl Cucumber's scene. It was completely unnecessary and if it wasn't there, the movie would've been exactly the same, if not better.
• But I cared about everything else, even the giant zombie wolf dog
So, thank you Taika Waititi, Lord and Savior of the MCU