I am once again doing this years' Hooptober for charity and will be donating $10 for each film I complete within October to People's Breakfast Oakland.
I managed to raise over $550 during last years Hooptober 6 for the Alameda County Community Food Bank, and plan to keep those good vibes going by supporting People's Breakfast Oakland. They are a great local organization here in Oakland, CA that works to feed, clothe, and shelter those who can't.
For criteria this year, I'm again following @cinemonster's list and ruleset for the majority of everything except for a couple additions:
· 7 2020 releases instead of 2
· 2 Tobe Hooper works instead of just 1
· A Larry Cohen triple feature
· 5 Woman-directed genre films
· Another 10 from my physical backlog because fuck it
· A Halloween night spooks screening of The McPherson Tape