Evan Lee Ambrose’s review published on Letterboxd:
🧜🏻♀️ Click Here to Read My OG Review! 🧜🏻♀️
• We’ll have to test the water a few more times, but The Lighthouse might just be the most rewatchable horror movie ever.
• Robert Pattinson delivers his grandest performance yet by a LONG SHOT in this.
• The Lighthouse (confirmed for a second time) has some of the best acting and dialogue of ALL-TIME.
• I recently rewatched the Nasty Patty episode of SpongeBob SquarePants. Turns out, The Lighthouse is indeed a soft remake.
• The “barking” scene in this movie is possibly the greatest thing my eyes have ever stayed around to witness.
• Robert Eggers is into some…unique…fetishes. I’m not judging, man. You do you.
• Wouldn’t it be so cute if Pattinson and Dafoe won the Oscar together? Awe!
• I will be feeding the seagulls my food from now on every time I go to the beach. Please be nice to us.
• Is there any way I can give this movie a 6/5 on Letterboxd? New update, maybe?
• The ending sequence is the equivalent to a cinematic orgasm—if there ever were one.
• Okay, so I have this utterly insane theory about what actually happened in The Lighthouse, but I’ll wait to explain it once I see it for a 3rd time.
• “If I had a steak…”
🏆 Verdict: A+++++++++++++++++++++
All-Time Favorites, A24 Ranked, Best Horror Movies, Victors of the 2010s, 2019 Ranked