"I don't really like gore" - Tom Savini,
This is a documentary about the life and times of famous horror makeup artist Tom Savini... a legend. A legend because he's also a director, stuntman, and actor in the area, making him a true horror renaissance man. The film details his upbringing, including his hustle to get involved in horror effects as early as his preteen years. Other topics inclue:
- Major influences on Savini
- His time in the Vietnam War taking photographs
- His failures in marriage and parenting.
- His big start on Romero's Martin
- His groundbreaking work in Dawn of the Dead and Friday the 13th.
- How magic tricks inspired his approach to makeup