Jon Favreau brings all the boys to the (Rud)yard, and they're like "what a rich visual feast in service of a decent adventure."
- Mowgli can't act. excruciating. and his wolf parents are terribly underdeveloped
- for a film that's power is so dependent upon building a coherent world, Favreau may have been the wrong choice... there's a lot here that works minute-to-minute but fails to cohere into anything more, and the geographical issues get absurd towards the end
- is it a musical? is it not a musical?
some not problems:
- the little mice creatures
- bill murray the bear. so many future timothy treadwells are just waiting to happen
- animal fx are unnervingly sharp, even with the talking problem. if Life of Pi was a small bundle of stars, this is a galaxy.