The seventh edition of Art of the Real, an essential showcase for the most vital and innovative voices in nonfiction and hybrid filmmaking, will be presented virtually nationwide from November 13-26 in the FLC Virtual Cinema.
This year’s filmmakers engage with a wide range of pressing and perennial issues, from the intersecting relations of communities, landscapes, plants, and animals, to intertwined global histories and economies, to critiques of the work of nonfiction filmmaking itself. The slate includes new works by internationally acclaimed filmmakers and innovative, award-winning debuts from around the world.
Additional films not on Letterboxd:
- We Have Always Known the Wind's Direction (2019) by Inas Halabi
- Canada Park (2019) by Razan AlSalah
- PROMETHEUS (2019) by Haig Aivazian
- Sound Garden (2019) by Jeamin Cha
- Notes, Imprints (On Love): Part II, Carmela (2020) by Alexandra Cuesta
- All other things Equal (2019) by Anya Tsyrlina