Fusion1’s review published on Letterboxd:
- I haven’t seen a movie in awhile that is able to make you laugh one minute then make you bawl your eyes out the next minute.
- It’s very obvious that Taika got inspiration from Wes Anderson and it shines because of that. I love the slow progression of color leaving the town up until the battle then after the battle it comes back better then before.
- 2019 really was the year where Scarlett Johansson made you cry because of her character dying or her playing a mother just trying to help there kid.
- This movie has some of the best child acting in probably all of film. I completely forgot Thomasin Mackenzie was in this movie and holy crap she’s fantastic. So were Roman and Archie I hope they appear in more project again soon because holy crap there fantastic (I know Archie’s doing the Home Alone sequel remake thing. Don’t remind me about that.)
- Overall a fantastic movie with great acting, great cinematography, fantastic story, and a beautiful ending which fits the movie just right (This classifies as a dance party ending for a movie and no you can’t convince me otherwise) Peace out.