27 - I’m not a film student.
Post Barbie movie morning thoughts:
- Being a woman is hard af
- Fuck the patriarchy
- We need to stop girl on girl crime
- Can’t wait to watch it again
- Perfection isn’t ideal & the human experience is ultimately beautiful
- I need more pink in my life
- America Ferrera’s speech was so real
- Stereotypes don’t define you & being a girlie doesn’t make you dumb
- Such an inclusive, positive film
- How can I concretely fight against the patriarchy?
- Let the girlies girly
I’m so happy my memory fails me - it was like watching the film for the first time all over again. So poignant yet so fun at times and devastating in others. A masterpiece of sorts.
It’s also absolutely fucking bonkers to have to wrap your head around the fact that this shit happened irl not so long ago. Vile and inexcusable.
This review may contain spoilers. I can handle the truth.
It took a while but here I am.
The acting in this movie is truly incredible. Jack Nicholson, Will Sampson, Brad Dourif, Danny DeVito... they really all played their roles beautifully and created such believable characters. That being said, it's probably the only positive thing I have to say about this film.
I didn't enjoy the story and the whole premise of the film. The head nurse is made out to be this ''evil'' person, but she's really just a…