This review may contain spoilers. I can handle the truth.
Most of Stanley Kubrick's movies are about these five themes:
1) individuals attempting to strive against a deterministic Universe or the stifling social Establishment that seeks to put everything under its control
2) the Establishment brainwashing people to conform to its colonialist desires
3) the process of evolution or devolution of the protagonist and/or humanity in general
4) humans struggling to overcome their base animalistic selves
5) the paradoxical interplay between Eros and Thanatos
Theme 1) is noticeable immediately in…