Nicole’s review published on Letterboxd:
To all my white women out there:
Let this be the movie which makes you examine your complicity, you are not innocent. Stop acting like your skin color doesn’t effect your privilege. Your white tears do not only endanger Black people but especially Black men. Own up.
PLEASE WATCH THIS INSTEAD OF THE HELP!
To the movie:
– the acting was great (also, funny how this movie about racism only got a nomination for its white supporting actor, despite John David Washington absolutely killing it as well as Laura Harrier and when I say funny, I mean not funny at all)
– we all know why this lost to Green Book
– the cinematography was stunning
– Spike Lee is a genius
– I can’t name a single thing I didn’t like
– the last scene/ the ending was brutal
BLACK. LIVES. MATTER.
DEFUND THE POLICE.
PUNCH A NAZI.