Juan’s review published on Letterboxd:
I can't properly review a real Star Wars movie (so not you, Rogue One, you fucking suck), so I'm just going to say the following:
1. I've read that people think the stakes are not too high in this movie but I felt the complete opposite. I caught myself holding my breath in several sequences because of what could happen if something went wrong because I felt like everyone was in danger all the time.
2. Benicio Del Toro is a monster, he steals every scene he's in and I can't wait to see him in the next movie.
3. The battle scenes are amazing, especially the one with the Millennium Falcon near the end.
4. I didn't feel this movie's length at all and I never wanted it to end, I kept feeling relieved when it just kept going and it was wonderful.
5. I'm not a big fan of what Rian Johnson does with makeup, he makes his characters look like mannequins and I hate it. I'm willing to overlook it because of everything else but dude, seriously, tone it down! I get why (don't really agree, just get why) you plastered Joseph Gordon-Levitt's face with makeup to make him look more like Bruce Willis, but why mess with Mark Hamill's face? Just let him be...
6. Porgs are too overrated.
7. Thank you, John. So many themes are used to their fullest extent in this track, and he even brings back the TIE Fighter theme! Wow!
8. Food for thought: Kyle Ren's evil theme (the one used when he is introduced in Force Awakens) is barely used in this film. I think Kylo Ren's theme will completely morph with the Force theme next movie.