In October, LaCinetek explores the figure of the father, through a palette of intense and subtle emotions, both serious and joyful.
The films in the selection question the making of fatherhood, test filial love or revive the pain of the lack (of the father or of the child).
A quest for intimacy carried by the sensitive incarnation of actors such as Dustin Hoffman, Marcello Mastroianni, Chishū Ryū or Nanni Moretti...
The films in the subscription this month :
- Kramer vs. Kramer by Robert Benton
- Three Men and a Cradle by Coline Serreau
- Voilà by Bruno Podalydès
- Yi Yi by Edward Yang (available in France only)
- There Was a Father by Yasujirō Ozu
- The Beekeeper by Theo Angelopoulos
- A Sunday in the Country by Bertrand Tavernier
- Little Lise by Jean Grémillon
- The Son's Room by Nanni Moretti
- Father and Daughter by Michael Dudok de Wit
- L’enfant endormi by Yasmine Kassari
The Selection of the month is available for €2.99 per month, in France, Belgium and Luxembourg.