Josh Larsen’s review published on Letterboxd:
We really didn't need another superhero movie after this.
A few notes on this revisit:
- Pulls no punches on the domestic trauma front. This is about a husband and father's real betrayal. That late-night fight between the parents is uncomfortably true to life.
- Elastigirl caught in the series of doors is better than almost any superhero action sequence staged since.
- "I never look back darling. It distracts from the now." (What does this mean for Incredibles 2?)
- Jason Lee's Syndrome is a great villain: entertaining, good motivation, clever plan.
- The kids said they've watched this too many times, so my wife and I watched it alone. Which is fine, because it was really made for us.