Marcus Adams’s review published on Letterboxd:
Honestly, if I were to review it I'd just be parroting a lot of stuff I normally say. I feel like I keep having to repeat myself, and it gets really tiring. Idk how many more times I have to say it. Then again, this is what you get when you have an algorithm write your script and not an artist. The 2018 film should've been its own movie. It gets tiring writing new ways to say the same basics:
- GOOD SOCIAL MESSAGE DOES NOT EQUATE TO GOOD FILM
- GOOD VISUALS DOES NOT EQUATE TO GOOD FILM
- PRETTY EDITING AND SOUND DOES NOT MAKE YOUR FILM GOOD
- GOOD SOUND DESIGN DOES NOT MAKE YOUR FILM GOOD
- NOSTALGIA BAIT DOES NOT ENHANCE YOUR FILM
- LAZY WRITING WITH KNOWLEDGE OF BEING A SEQUEL TO AN IP DOES NOT MAKE YOUR MOVIE GOOD
- A TRUE FILM MUST BE ABLE TO STAND ON ITS OWN MERIT, AND THIS IS A LAUGHABLE MOVIE ON ITS OWN MERIT.
Can't wait for the next algorithm written Halloween film.