This review may contain spoilers. I can handle the truth.
minick’s review published on Letterboxd:
This review may contain spoilers.
things in the neon demon that made me go "shhhhiiiittttt"
- "a diamond in a sea of glass" cut to Elle blinking her sea green shadowed eyes
- the strobe scene
- the runway scene
- "are you food or are you sex?" being a metaphor for literal cannibalism & necrophilia
- "do you see me?!?" + the ending shot w the eye
- necrophilia intercut with a fantasy of a 16 year old feeling herself up - many ppl are crying misogyny & male gaze here but i think its calling out ppl who sexualize Jesse. to me it screams ‼️if u only find one of these scenes gross/uncomfortable thats fucked up‼️
- abbey lees body
- abbey lees bone structure
also luv how disposable men are in this