screenwriter / andrea arnold stan
"but there is just something profoundly and utterably unfixably wrong here.”
first, i want to start by writing what i liked about the film. i was impressed with the performances, particularly toni collette's. it would be a crime if she did not receive a nomination, one that i am willing to take legal action for. i also enjoyed the cinematography. even in the movie's most intense scenes, i couldn't take my eyes off the screen: it all looked so beautiful.…
a beautiful, bright film.
just like its characters, "ad astra" is complicated: it's an emotional movie with little emotion. this is evident in brad pitt's performance as roy mcbride, an astronaut whose mission is to make contact with his famous father, clifford, about unknown power surges in the solar system. for twenty years of his life, roy was convinced that his dad was dead, disappearing with the space project he was working on. when he finds out his father is…
a true american story.
i have never been a fan of films that showcase a prosperous and wealthy american dream: that plot only applies to 3% of america while the other 97% are middle and lower-class men and women who work as hard as they can to make a living. "american honey" is a film that presents poverty, not privilege; each character struggles to provide for themselves, but their carelessness, youthful ambition and appetite for life creates a new definition…
my favorite movie of all-time.
before i watched "pulp fiction," i was convinced that i was not going to like it: it's a highly praised movie, and i was sure that it would not meet the infamous reputation it has received. then i watched it, and the film truly deserves every single bit of acclaim.
"pulp fiction" is both artistic and entertaining. from john travolta and uma thurman dancing the twist to samuel l. jackson's powerful take on ezekiel 25:17,…