I don't know much but what I DO know is Setsuko Hara is better than all y'all.
I think I just witnessed the best horror film of 2021. I was completely blown away.
As a lifelong horror fan- I adore B movies. As I scroll through some reviews, I can see that people don’t appreciate B horror movies here. But here’s the thing: horror fans know how scarce a perfect B movie is. Jakob’s Wife is THAT film. A fun, gory gem that exceeded all my expectations.
In 2019, we had Ready or Not. In 2020, we…
I love bleak horror movies. I love confusing horror movies. I love dark horror movies. The Lighthouse is bleak, confusing and dark- but I don’t love The Lighthouse. Tbh I can’t even say if I like it.
Yeah- I don’t like it.
Eggers previous film ‘The VVITCH’ is sort of a loved-hated title in the horror community. Many people (including me) LOVE it while some hate it. And their criticism is very valid. Personally I really resonated with Thomasin’s quest…
So here’s all the shit I noticed:
1. Varun Dhawan is poor so of course he’s in brownface. And guess what, homeboy gets lighter as the film goes on.
2. The women in this film are ✨bland✨ like a lasagna without seasoning.
3. The jokes fall flatter than a soda left without a cap on.
4. The chemistry between Sara Ali Khan and Dhawan is non existent.
5. The original wasn’t a masterpiece either so nostalgia ain’t working here.
I haven’t seen this film but will that stop me from liking and rating this 5 stars? No.
I watched it and I stand by my last observation. It was everything I needed. It’s my brand of humor. Random, weird and just stupid. Kristen Wiig and Annie Mumolo, will you be my writing partner?
Also Kristen Wiig’s other character is just 🔥
I know not a lot of people will like it because it’s not their kind of humor but It was SO GOOD!