Okay so i have begun a quest into watching every Scooby-Doo movie and I am breaking down the canon(s) and overthinking it all. I want to condense all these movies into as few universes as I logically can. What does an official Scooby timeline look like? This is it.
So far, I have uncovered thirteen distinct universes, one of which containing a split timeline and a universe in a universe:
Universe 1. The Vacation-Verse:
So the Vacation-Verse is the primary universe for the bulk of Scooby Films, so named as the gang KEEP TAKING VACATIONS in basically every film, but it's split up into two different timelines, the diverging point in the timelines being in Stage Fright, wherein if Daphne and Fred decide to become a couple. In Timeline A, they do, and in Timeline B, they don't. This is to solve the natural narrative problems and to solve the "they broke up" argument which is one of the few conclusions you can make if you try to solve the timeline. To reconcile the different approaches to the timeline, I have also swapped the order of some of the films as it's the only logical approach to take
Vacation-Verse Timeline A, where they get together, goes as follows: Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island, Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders, Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase, Scooby-Doo! and the Monster of Mexico, Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster, Aloha Scooby-Doo!, Scooby-Doo! in Where's My Mummy?, Scooby-Doo! Pirates Ahoy!, Chill Out Scooby-Doo!, Scooby-Doo! and the Samurai Sword, and then Scooby Doo! Stage Fright. They get together, and then Scooby Doo! and the Witch's Ghost and Scooby Doo! and the Legend of the Vampire occur. Scooby-Doo! The Sword and the Scoob also occurs in this timeline
This is because in Witch's Ghost, they're clearly a thing. It's incredibly obvious subtext. And then Legend of the Vampire features the Hex Girls so it must take place afterward, and it narratively makes sense as two movies back, in Stage Fright, Daphne and Fred almost won a singing context and then in Legend, the whole gang are a band.
Vacation-Verse Timeline B where they don't get together afterward goes as follows: Scooby-Doo on Zombie Island, Scooby-Doo and the Alien Invaders, Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase, Scooby-Doo! and the Monster of Mexico, Scooby-Doo! and the Loch Ness Monster, Aloha Scooby-Doo!, Scooby-Doo! in Where's My Mummy?, Scooby-Doo! Pirates Ahoy!, Chill Out Scooby-Doo!, Scooby-Doo! and the Samurai Sword, and then Scooby Doo! Stage Fright. From this point on, they are not a thing. The films Scooby-Doo! Abracadabra-Doo, Scooby-Doo! Camp Scare, Scooby-Doo! Legend of the Phantosaur, Big Top Scooby-Doo!*, Scooby-Doo! Mask of the Blue Falcon*, Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery, Scooby-Doo! and WWE: Curse of the Speed Demon, Scooby-Doo! Moon Monster Madness, Scooby-Doo! Shaggy's Showdown, Scooby-Doo! and the Gourmet Ghost, occur.
This makes total sense, as in Big Top Scooby Doo, Shaggy says he’s never been to Australia, which if you consider the release order of these films doesn’t add up as he went there in Legend of the Vampire. But considering how I propose these films are released out of order for the Vacation-Verse, and across two timelines, it makes total sense. As *that* version of Shaggy has never been to Australia, but the Shaggy from Timeline A where Fred and Daphne get together does go down under.
Sidenote, due to Scooby-Doo! and WWE: Curse of the Speed Demon taking place immediately after Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery, I've moved them together in the timeline to retain continuity
We also have Universe 1.5: The Fiction-Verse. These are films which, in some way, feature a fourth wall break or are too stupid to exist independently. They exist in a bubble-universe and are in-universe films based on the adventures of the gang. First we have Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy, a film based on Velma. Then we have the Sheriff Trilogy. Only the last film, Happy Halloween Scooby Doo, features a direct fourth wall break but because it’s a direct sequel to Scooby-Doo! And the Curse of the 13th Ghost and Scooby-Doo! Return to Zombie Island, these also have to take place within the Fiction-Verse. Now whether or not the show that the Curse of the 13th Ghost is a sequel to, The 13th Ghost of Scooby-Doo, is also in the Fiction-Verse, is open to interpretation (but probably??)
Universe 2. The Goblin-Verse: Scooby-Doo! and the Goblin King, Scooby-Doo! and Kiss: Rock and Roll Mystery, Straight Outta Nowhere: Scooby-Doo! Meets Courage the Cowardly Dog
Universe 3. The Music-Verse: Scooby-Doo! Music of the Vampire
Universe 4. The Fuck-It-Puppet-Verse: Scooby Doo! Adventures: The Mystery Map
Universe 5. The Lego-Verse: LEGO Scooby-Doo! Haunted Hollywood, LEGO Scooby-Doo! Blowout Beach Bash
Universe 6. The Bat-Verse: Scooby-Doo! & Batman: The Brave and the Bold (and, by proxy, the Batman: The Brave and the Bold tv show)
Universe 7. The Boo-Verse: Scooby-Doo! Meets the Boo Brothers, Scooby-Doo and the Ghoul School, Scooby-Doo! in Arabian Nights
Universe 8. The Googie-Verse: Scooby-Doo! and the Reluctant Werewolf
Universe 9. The Gunn-Verse: Scooby Doo (2002), Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed
So the Gunn-Verse is an interesting one, primarily featuring the two live-action James Gunn films: Scooby-Doo (2002) and Scooby-Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed. However, the film Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins and its sequel, Scooby-Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster, are sort-of intended to be sort-of prequels to the Gunn films. For the most part, they do kind of work? But what really kicks the continuity are five main factors
1: In Scooby Doo 2: Monsters Unleashed, we see a flashback to the gang as teens and they look nothing like they do in the prequel films - which, sure, whatever. But Scoob is noticeably smaller in the flashback, and since Scoob appears to be fully grown in the prequel films, they don't really mash. You could argue it's just the change in art-style for Scoob - going from one lovecraftian piss-fur monster to one lovecraftian shit-fur monster. I’m willing to accept that the gang just look a bit different because they do, however the following two points are hard evidence
2: Fred is not blonde in the prequels. He's got dark hair. And in the Gunn films (flashback included) he's blonde. Of course, he could dye his hair, but since he still isn't blonde in Curse of the Lake Monster, I'm willing to say these cannot co-exist. Fred’s my main man and being blonde is 60% of his character. I know him and his hair like the back of my hand. Also
3: Velma would literally have to chance race. In the Gunn films she's played by Linda Cardellini, a Caucasian actress, and in the prequel films she's played by real-life lesbian god Hayley Kiyoko who is bi-racial and half-Japanese. And okay, sure, recastings are whatever. Scoob canons have done wilder things. Okay, but consider this
4: In Mystery Begins, the gang face off against the supernatural. So if they were in the same canon, why would they be shocked to face ghosts and uncover the supernatural later on in the timeline in the Gunn films?
5: And perhaps the clincher, while the prequel films are pretty damn early 2000's, they're in no way as early 2000's as the Gunn films, and if they are meant to take place before, they're certainly not 90's films. There's no way this can take place in the same timeline due to the sheer lack of frosted tips.
As such, they cannot take place in the same timeline. But since they're close enough wherein they're adjacent to one another, I'll be splitting them into Universe 9: The Gunn-Verse, as previously established, and
Universe 10: Adjacent-Verse: Scooby-Doo! The Mystery Begins, Scooby-Doo! Curse of the Lake Monster
Universe 11: CWism-Verse: Daphne & Velma
Universe 12. CGI-Verse: Scoob!
Universe 13. The Meta-Verse: Scooby Goes Hollywood
*could also be in the Music-Verse due to cameo characters in Music and Big Top showing up in Mask but. no. fuck off. no. my head hurts. no.
Core characteristics of the Vacation-Verse:
- The gang have been friends for years and been ghost hunting just as long. Zombie Island, the first film in this timeline, the gang split up and come back together after some time. They're still teens, though. So 18/19 years old.
- The events of the OG show are canon to these films, as revealed in Cyber Chase, where we see the video game interpretations of these OG baddies
- The gang are a canon, in-universe band called the Meddling Kids
- The gang are taking a gap year from university (but Fred and Velma are still studying during this, as revealed when Velma is shown to be fixing the fucking sphinx for extra credit and Fred failing his science class.
- FRED CANNOT READ ENGLISH
- America is built off the backs of slaves
- The Hex Girls
- Scooby might be a reincarnation of an Egyptian Pharaoh
- There's a Scooby Doo video game
- The Scooby Doo theme song exists in universe
- Daphne learned how to ride a motorbike at 7 years old as shown in Legend of the Phantosaur and Big Top
- Shaggy got hypnotised and now has a BIKER GANG
- Magic is real, monsters are real, ghosts are real. There are zombies, witches, fucking dragons. The gang first encounter the supernatural in Zombie Island
- Shaggy destroyed the Sphinx
- hell is REAL AND SCARY
- Daphne has a Scottish cousin
- Nessie exists
- Daphne is an INCREDIBLE surfer
- Holograms are real and in almost every film
- Velma has a little sister who fucked Shaggy
- Shaggy fucked an alien
- Scooby fucked an alien
- RACISM ISLAND
- Shaggy and Scooby are samurai
- Fred has a bikini kink
- Fred went to a really shit summer camp as a kid
- Velma owns a bookshop
- The gang KEEP desecrating graves
- Demonic Clams exist (idk what that means)
- Radioactive Cactus Monsters exist (idk what that means)
- Abraham Lincon is real and tried to kill Scooby
- Fred is a circus freak and took a circus arts class "last summer" which resulted in him almost killing 49 people and seriously injuring one
- The Soviet Union exist(ed)
- Shaggy may or may not have extreme memory problems after getting kicked in the face by a mule
- Shaggy is a metal fan
- Shaggy and Scooby are Blue Falcon stans
- Velma says fuck you to comics
- Blue Falcon is an in-universe show but the actor does own the flying car
- Scooby is a canon movie star
- Shaggy and Scooby are a *legally not Youtube* viral meme
- Comic Con is real but it's mainly Hanna Barbera as Hanna Barbera in-universe is basically just Marvel sized
- Fred thinks everyone meets ghosts in their free time
- Fred sleeps with a net
- WWE city. WWE has a city. It is an independent state. Vince McMahon is their god (and Scooby and Shaggy worship him). They have their own cops and laws that state anyone accused of a crime can compete in the ring for their freedom
- Scooby and Shaggy are wrestling fans, Velma learns to love it
- SCOOBY DOO ALMOST GOT MILKED (THE HAIR DIDN'T EVEN GROW BACK IN SOME PLACES)
- Daphne has a thing for John Cena
- Scooby and Shaggy have a thing for AJ Lee
- Wrestling IS real and cannot be explained through science
- Masked Luchador is a canon language that John Cena has learnt to speak (and you can too in these five easy steps)
- Wrestlemania is as big as Christmas (but this is said by an employee of Wrestlemania so it may be biased, but it's possible Wrestlemania might genuinely be a religious event)
- Scooby and Shaggy are canon wrestlers
- Set in the same universe as Young Justice due to the cameo appearances from Wonder Girl, Artemis, Zatanna, and Miss Martian as viewers of the Wrestlemania match.
- WWE also functions as Nascar in this universe
- Stephanie McMahon got arrested due to illegal activities, potentially bringing the entire WWE Nation down with her
- Daphne can't drive the Mystery Machine, but she damn well knows how to fly a spaceship
- The gang win a competition to go to space
- Billionaire Sly Baron is basically this universe's version of Elon Musk and has a spacesuit made of literal money
- Colt Steelcase and Zip Elvin are astronauts who were the first men on the Moon, this event inspired Fred
- THERE'S A SECRET CITY ON THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON (but also we see the Earth in the sky while on the lunar surface and also it's a misnomer to call it the "dark" side of the Moon (unless you're Pink Floyd) as it's really just the far and near-sides so it must in reality be on the near-side of the Moon. What I'm saying is does Pink Floyd exist?)
- We see Soviet and American esc technology littered on the moon, implying that the space-race went on for a longer and more intensive time than in our reality
- Scooby and Shaggy desecrate the Apollo 11 landing site (but instead of Armstrong and Aldrin who landed it was Colt Steelcase and Zip Elvin) However, it well may not have been the Apollo 11 landing site. Although there's a shot of the "first step footprint" with the clear implication that it was the first step, but the lander still has the ascent module connected. This implies that the in-universe lunar lander modules operated differently, or the landing site was a different Apollo mission that went wrong, meaning that the astronauts died on the surface, and Scooby and Shaggy desecrated a lunar grave.
- Light-years are a measurement of time and not distance in the Vacation-Verse (it's possible Ridley misspoke but since she's an alien hunter and knows a ton on space, it's equally possible she didn't)
- The lunar city has artificial gravity which replicates 1G, however when it's switched off the inhabitants experience a zero-gravity environment. We see the Moon does have gravity when they're outside, so it's not that in this universe the Moon doesn't have gravity; it's that in this universe, Sly Baron has perfected artificial gravity control.
- Shaggy is canonically the most skilled astronaut in history
- Shaggy has a cousin who found him on an ancestory app
- Shaggy is also the descendant of a cowboy called Dapper Jack
- Velma has a horse allergy
- Velma is anti El Kabong font
- Daphne is a stan of a tween youtube singer/ white country rapper called Buddy G
- Scooby Doo almost lets shaggy die via horse-inflicted injury
- Scooby Doo can speak horse and cow
- Shaggy can ride a horse from race memory due to his ancestor's horse-riding
- Dapper Jack, Shaggy's ancestor, may have been the owner of Scooby's ancestor; possibly implying that the two are soul-bonded and reincarnated from their ancestors
- Shaggy avenges his ancestor's name by almost murdering a man, and then is able to see his ancestor in his visions
- Fred's uncle is Bobby Flay, real-life world-famous celebrity chef. He's famous in-universe, but Fred didn't realise this.
- Fred has an ancestral family home as it's been in the family for generations.
- Bobby Flay's real-life cat Nacho is canon. Nacho is a prankster who knows parkour.
- Fred and Bobby Flay are the descendants of Edward DuFlay, the world's first celebrity chef.
- Bobby Flay has robots and an AI that help him cook and run the inn. The AI goes haywire and almost murders people. Did Bobby build a death bot?
- Giada De Laurentiis, real-life world-famous chef, is employed by Bobby Flay. Her cat Belle is also canon, and can cook.
- Giada De Laurentiis has taken martial arts, parkour, and ultimate frisbee classes. She's also fascinated by the supernatural.
- Marcus Samuelsson, another real-life world-famous chef, is also employed by Bobby. His super-model wife Maya Haile is also canon.
- Shaggy has met Marcus and Maya before, but instead got them to sign Giada De Laurentiis' book.
- Edward DuFlay was so beloved by the people of the time, both to the Colonials but also to the British and French. He was that good a cook he could have ended the war for Independence. However, in reality he was secretly a double agent for the Americans, pretending to work on the side of the British but only to pass on false information, wherein he'd report to George Washington himself.
- Edward DuFlay invented takeout food.
- Fred and Shaggy fancy Giada De Laurentiis. Daphne is jealous.
- Bobby Flay feeds his cat Nacho Nacho-Snacks, the cat-equivalent of Scooby-Snacks (they might just be nachos)
- Thundarr the Barbarian is a tv show
- Scooby is descended from Denmark
- Shaggy is descended from a town in England called Norville óer Morgania
- Scooby meets the Queen (and maybe fucked the corgis)
- Daphne once dyed her hair blonde during an adventure where the gang almost got eaten by fish people
- Velma and Daphne watch Thundarr “for the abs”
- Daphne is a believer in the theory that the universe is a simulation
- Fred’s dad is apparently authoritative. Daphne thinks he’s a meanie
- Shaggy is descended from Sir Norville, an Arthurian Knight of legend
- Shaggy (and maybe the others) is from Crystal Cove
- Merlin is also real and a magic user
- Daphne can sword fight
- Velma becomes an apprentice of Merlin
- Merlin is a fan of Barney Rubble as he’s magic and can see the future I guess (but Merlin argues he’s a caveman so it’s from the past)
Core characteristics of the Fiction-Verse
Film 1: Frankencreepy
- Fiction Daphne has internet fame
- References to the OG show, and since the Vacation-Verse directly follows on from events in that show, it makes logical sense for this to take in-universe inspiration
- Fiction Velma has spent her whole life debunking the paranormal
- Fiction Velma is the youngest of the Dinklies, so no sister.
- The mystery machine gets destroyed. Fiction Fred develops PTSD
- Baron Von Dinkenstein is Fiction Velma's great great uncle. He was a scientist who attempted to make life. His actions directly inspired Mary Shelley, who plagiarised his life and used it as the basis for Frankenstein.
- Fiction Velma could be upwards of a hundred years old
- Fiction Scooby and Fiction Shaggy canonically only have one brain between them. Fiction Velma tries to steal it
- Fiction Fred was able to build an old timey mystery machine in a cave! With a box of scraps!
- Fiction Velma is pro-frakking
- The FBI have hired a baby-sized person who pilots a mech the size of a little person. This mech pilots an average-sized person mech. That mech then pilots a giant mech. Mechs exist and little people do too I guess.
Film 2: Curse of the 13th Ghost
- A direct sequel to The 13 Ghosts of Scooby-Doo. The show revolved around Shaggy, Scooby, Daphne, Scrappy, and new-kid Flim Flam, as well as a master of the mystic arts Vincent Van Ghoul, capturing 13 demons that escaped into our world, but the show ended before they could capture the 13th and final ghost. Whether or not the show was also is fictional in-universe is unknown
- I've not seen the original 13th ghost show, so I cannot comment much on its lore. But upon my bit of research, it's revealed that in it, Fiction Shaggy was able to fly a plane. This also comes back as Fiction Shaggy flies the plane in this movie, too
- The supernatural is real
- Because of the gang FUCKING up a case and almost getting someone innocent arrested, Mystery Inc go out of business and as a result they have to sell the Mystery Machine
- Because Fiction Fred and Fiction Velma weren't around in the original show, they don't know what's happening (in universe described as Fiction Fred and Fiction Velma being away at camp). Fiction Velma has never encountered the supernatural, and neither has Fiction Fred, meaning that all of Mystery Inc's adventures never included the supernatural
- Fiction Scooby developed PTSD from the events of the original show (which seems to have been an episode from the show)
- Fiction Daphne kept the not-mystery machine from the original show, described as a strategic, all-terrain, mobile command unit. Fiction Daphne has an army van. It can spray oil and has a smoke screen, as well as it's able to float on water. It's basically a Bond-van.
- Fiction Fred can't drive stick, which means the Mystery Machine is an automatic (which clearly is not the case in the other movies)
- Fiction Shaggy says he's afraid of ghosts because of his adventures capturing the 12 ghosts
- Fiction Shaggy and Fiction Scooby learned to haggle from Flim-Flam
- Fiction Fred is MAJORLY insecure about Fiction Daphne taking charge in this adventure
- Mice are intelligent creatures that have developed their own language, but are not intelligent enough to not realise that other creatures aren't just deformed mice
- Vincent Van Ghoul is basically JUST Batman
- Flim Flam has aged several years and is now a mid to late teenager, as opposed to being a pre-teen. This means that Mystery Inc are no longer teenagers, themselves, and are probably in their mid-20's by this point
- Flim Flam has capitalised on his childhood adventures and has begun a merchandising company based on the Chest of Demons and the titular 13 ghosts
- Flim Flam is a survivalist prepper and has also begun a monster hunting company
- Between the events of the OG show and this film, Vincent has lost his connection to his magic and is no longer able to perform supernatural acts
- Fiction Fred went to cheerleading camp
- Fiction Daphne is a confident skydiver
- Fiction Velma (and probably Fiction Fred too) have never heard of Scrappy Doo
- Vincent's ancestor was the most powerful sorcerer in history, and was imprisoned in the Chest of Demons
- While the villain is revealed to be a man in the mask this time, but the supernatural does, definitively, exist. Even if Fiction Velma is still uncertain of it by the end of the film and the ending does try to play it coy by giving rational explanations to the supernatural events from the original show
- Fiction Scooby can also fly the plane
Film 3: Return to Zombie Island
- A film based on the gang’s adventure on Zombie Island
- A film about a film director wanting to create a film based on the gang (fuck my head)
- A direct sequel to Curse of the 13th Ghost
- Elvira is a real woman
- The Sheriff reappears
Film 3: Happy Halloween
- Crystal Cove is a town, whether or not the gang come from it is unknown
- A crossover with the Batman franchise due to the Scarecrow appearing. However, Aquaman is a fictional character in universe
- The Sheriff reappears
- Fiction Velma has Bill Nye the science guy’s phone number
- Bill Nye airdrops them a new and improved Mystery Machine: the Mystery Machine X. It has lasers and autopilot, and an eject button with flying seats
- Bill Nye is Mystery Inc’s guy in the chair
- Elvira reappears and wears a monkey for hair. She can break the fourth wall and has a monster at the back of her head
- Fiction Fred disregards the idea of being in love with Fiction Daphne as he’s in love with the mystery machine
- Bill Nye is a cat boy
- Crystal Cove gets fucking destroyed
- FICTION DAPHNE IS BADASS
- FICTION VELMA HAS A MIND PALACE
- Fiction Velma doesn’t believe in the supernatural
- Fiction Fred goes full Arnie in the Predator and is surprisingly hunch
- Fiction Scooby and Fiction Shaggy can enter Fiction Velma’s mind palace when the three of them share Scooby Snacks
Core characteristics of the Goblin-Verse
- the gang's first encounter with supernatural creatures in The Goblin King; meaning that the Vacation-Verse cannot take place within the same universe as this and vice versa
- the supernatural is real; goblins, fairies, ghosts and the headless horsemen are all real. so is a talking pumpkin.
- Coolsville, the hometown of the Gang, every Halloween is run amuck by these monsterfucks.
- Velma, Daphne, and Fred do not remember the events of The Goblin King
- Fred’s favourite band is the Ascot Five
- Daphne, Shaggy and Scooby are huge Kiss fans while Velma is indifferent
- Daphne has a crush on Starchild. Fred is jealous.
- Kiss are a genuine mystery solving gang who solve stuff on a cosmic level. By cosmic, that is they’re inter dimensional alien race that is destined to protect a magical crystal. They each have magical abilities and can change costume like anime girls
- Only Scooby and Shaggy know what truly happened by the end of each film
- Velma firmly doesn’t believe in the supernatural
- The gang have solved over a thousand mysteries
- Kiss use the power of rock and roll to channel their abilities
- The Kiss Species imprisoned a Galactus
- Daphne got groomed by Starchild
- Set in the same universe as Courage the Cowardly Dog
- Scooby and Shaggy are listening to podcasts to get more confident
- Scooby is tagged
- Courage is a shape shifter
- Daphne added nitro boosters to the mystery machine. It also has a grappling hook and an anchor
- Courage has his own snacks: courage snacks
- Courage has an AI in his 90s computer
- Velma has an AI modelled after herself in her IPad
- AI Courage and AI Velma go on a date
- The meteor what wiped out the dinosaurs is composed of dark matter. The town Nowhere was built over it millions of years later, and as a result has begun to spill out a supernatural weirdness field from the reality warping powers of the meteor. This includes all the supernatural stuff from the Courage the Cowardly Dog show and Courage himself
Core characteristics of the Music-Verse
- its a musical universe
- events from old films set in the Vacation-Verse are referenced which means the events of them are canon to this, but the Music-Verse is not canon to the Vacation-Verse. it's possible that these other adventures in the Music-Verse are also musical versions of the films
- the supernatural maybe exists?
- Daphne and Fred aren't a couple but Daphne purposefully teases him about that
- a man breaks the fourth wall so maybe he's god
Core characteristics of the Fuck-It-Puppet-Verse
- it's awful
- the gang are puppet monsters
- scooby snacks inflate you making you big and round
- scooby snacks also turn you into a rocket
- its set during ww2 as the gang uncover an x marks the spot shaped like the iron cross and daphne flies a spitfire
- the gang have a treehouse with a telescope to spy on their neighbours. the only logical reason for this is they're perverts
- daphne's dad leaves her planes all around the world for her
- velma can summon a science slave called dwayne at any point
Core characteristics of the Lego-Verse
- they’re all made of Lego and the world has Lego physics
- the gang become movie stars
- scooby and shaggy learn their value beyond Scooby snacks
- Captain Brutamore Bash and Pirate Queen Bingo Bell are the two most famous and murderous pirates in history
- Velma starts a dance craze called the Jinkie
- Global Warming is canon and a serious threat to all life on the Lego planet
Core characteristics of the Bat-Verse
- Set in the same universe as Batman: The Brave and the Bold, and by proxy, a lot of the wider DC lore
- Batman, Martian Manhunter, and Detective Chimp have been following the Scooby Gang for quite some time and invite them to the Mystery Analysts of Gotham
- The Mystery Analysts of Gotham consist of Batman, Martian Manhunter, Detective Chimp, Black Canary, Plastic Man, and the Question
- Fred has a crush on Black Canary
- Plastic Man has a crush on Daphne
Core characteristics of the Boo-Verse:
- The supernatural exists
- Shaggy wears a red-shirt
- Shaggy's family are slave owners
- Big monke
- The S trio get a job as gym teachers for a private school of monster girls (no this is not a fetish thing)
- Frankenstein and Dracula are both real and dads. Meaning they have fucked
- Dragons are kept as pets
- Men cannot see the supernatural or something idk man I stopped paying attention maybe the boys are just really thick
- Flying carpets?
- Shaggy and Scooby are hired as royal food tasters
- Shaggy gets forcefully engaged to a child
- Shaggy tells two stories: one a rip off of Aladdin with Yogi-Bear instead of the Genie, and one a rip off of Sinbad with Magilla Gorilla. I’m going to say that Shaggy invents the Creepypasta as Magilla Gorilla haunts my fucking dreams
- Shaggy and Scooby are then hired as royal food tasters and royal storytellers
Core characteristics of the Googie-Verse
- The supernatural exists (including Dracula, however because it's a different Dracula from Ghoul School, it cannot be the same canon)
- Shaggy, Scooby, and Scrappy are one racing car driver. Not driverS. One singular driver.
- Shaggy has a girlfriend called Googie. Shaggy canonically fucks
- Dracula and his monster council (but a different dracula from ghoul school??)
- The Werewolf is on holiday in Florida
- Shaggy is prophecised by a great magical book that he'll be the next great werewolf
- Doggy Bon Bons are this universe's Scooby Snacks
- Shaggy is canonically a selfish partner and a bad boyfriend
- Hiccups make you change into a werewolf
- Shaggy almost gets lynched
- TVs are magic portals
- Monster racing car match?
- Shaggy becomes a slave
- Scooby wants to fuck Googie too
- Scooby, Scrappy, Shaggy, and Googie are either murdered at the end of the film, or they murder Dracula.
Core characteristics of the Gunn-Verse
- Early 2000's
- Mystery Inc disband for two years
- Scrappy is dog Hitler and goes to jail
- The supernatural exists (as does an afterlife as souls)
- Shaggy's favourite name is Mary Jane
- Scooby Snacks are dog snacks and only eaten by dogs and sick, sick fucks like Shaggy and Mary Jane
- Daphne learns kung fu
- Fred commits sexual misconduct against Daphne
- If you eat souls you get buff
- Frosted Tips Island
- The gang come from Coolsville and are celebrities
- Elements of the original show have happened due to villains such as the Black Knight, 10,000 Volt Ghost, and the Tar Monster being in the second film. However the backstory for the Pterodactyl Ghost is entirely different.
- Randomonium is an element on the periodic table
- Old Man Wickles tries to pitch child slavery to capitalist businessmen
- Scoob and Shaggy are physically abusive to one another
- Daphne and Fred are a thing
- Velma is unfortunately straight
- Dance party
Core characteristics of the Adjacent-Verse
- Scooby is a rescue dog
- The gang come from Coolsville, it's a city (?) in Ohio
- Shaggy lives in his parent's basement. He calls it the Shagwell Manor
- Daphne is a theatre kid
- Fred is a brunette
- Velma may have made a handheld nuclear reactor
- The supernatural exists and looks shit
- Shaggy doesn't like mysteries
- Fred plays on the football team and his friends bully Shaggy
- Velma can speak (broken) Russian
- Velma considers Fred a potential romantic interest. Daphne has a crush on Fred
- Daphne is 15 and can't drive, and seemingly no others but Shaggy can. Daphne's dad bought her the proto-mystery machine
- Velma runs in zig-zags and you cannot stop her
- The Coolsville Flood
- The School's Vice Principle is REALLY into World War 2 but has a LOT of the Nazi planes and tanks toys. The Vice Principle is a Nazi??
- Fred says he feels like "scooby is [his] dog too" meanwhile Shaggy has only had him three days. Communist Fred?
- Shaggy reads an incantation that literally raises the dead of Coolsville, meaning Shaggy is responsible for a life-changing event for thousands of people
- By the end of the first film the public seem to accept ghosts are real and exist
- the gang accidentally burn down Old Man Fricket's barn causing them to take summer jobs to pay him back
- they get jobs at Daphne's uncle's new country club
- Shaggy might be able to stop time like Dio
- Shaggy falls in love with Velma but quickly gets over it
- Fred is a bad boyfriend
- Music montage not canon??
- Frog ghoul i guess idk
Core characteristics of the CWism-Verse:
- Feels like a shit CW pilot
- Velma lives in Ridge Valley and goes to Ridge Valley High School. Daphne transfers there
- Tobias Bloom, tech billionaire Elon Musk cunt invested in the school?? His company is called Bloom Innovative
- Azalea phone is Apple
- Daphne is a youtube who covers unsolved paranormal mysteries?
- Bloom is skype
- Velma has eaten gerbil
- Daphne flies all around the world with her dad
- Daphne and Velma are "internet BFFs"
- Daphne is a conspiracy theorist in the sense of being Ryan Bergara. Velma is a conspiracy theorist in the sense of she has the vibes of a serial killer believing that he's been abducted by aliens and is sent on a mission from Space Jesus to assassinate a future boy before he does crimes in the future
- Daphne's mum works for Tobias Bloom
- Daphne has gone to schools in Argentina, Japan, Rome, and one in the middle of the Baltic Sea (which sank)
- Velma HATES people
- Daphne's favourite band is Legitimate Tulip
- Daphne's mum invented Matchmouth (its use of dog face filters for actual dogs was revolutionary)
- Spencer wants to be the next Tobias Bloom. His big idea is a phone which makes you a pie
- Daphne has a photographic memory
- When she was four, Daphne's dad lost her in a casino in Ibiza for 36 hours
- Daphne's dad is a sociopath who has been gaslighting her into thinking she's super lucky by just. following her around in disguises her entire life and pretending to be other people to influence events around her to make her "luck" out. he also pretends to be her Not-Alexia by controlling her music and her robot wardrobe too i guess?
- Tech controlled clothing??
- Velma's aunt is the Principle
- Bloom invented a couch which eats people if they're a bitch (and Velma is one)
- Velma's aunt's Not-Alexia posted her semi-nudes to Facebook
- Bloomgram is Instagram
- Velma invented a robot companion programmed with human emotions. She beats him to death with a hammer as he pleads for life. She then kills another sentient robot of her own design. She is a cruel god
- Tobias Bloom invents 3D printing but for food. Not to solve world-hunger, but for his rich friends to buy
- Velma hasn't sneezed in seven years
- Daphne's mum invented deepfakes
- A lift that feeds back your deepest darkest fears. Daphne and Velma's darkest fears are that there'll never be a female president and that she'll lose her glasses and fall off a cliff
- A 26-year-old girl created Tobias Bloom actually, he's a hologram. She also pretended to be a teenage girl to infiltrate school? She moisturises
- The movie directly says that the themes are "literally representative of how technology has enslaved our minds" and it's "also indicative of the fact that societal peer pressure forces us to be something we're not"
Core characteristics of the CGI-Verse
- The gang come from LA
- Kid Scooby is a rescue dog, Kid Shaggy finds him abandoned
- Kid Shaggy introduces Kid Scooby to superheroes Blue Falcon and Dynomutt; they dress up as them for Halloween. The Blue Falcon and Dynomutt also exist
- Kid Shaggy and Kid Scooby meet Kid Daphne, Kid Fred, and Kid Velma while trick-or-treating. Kid Daphne is dressed up as Wonder Woman, Kid Fred as a Knight, and Kid Velma as Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- Events vaguely based on the original show happen while the kids grow up, and they form Mystery Inc
- Scooby took a shit in the Mystery Machine
- Scooby handles Shaggy's accounting. Whether or not he ended up paying their taxes is still up in the air
- Simon Cowell??
- Robot bowling pins and bowling balls
- The Mystery Machine is fitted with a police scanner
- Dick Dastardly is a super-villain and Blue Falcon's biggest enemy yet
- Blue Falcon's (large) adult-son Brian continues his dad's legacy and is the second Blue Falcon
- The original Blue Falcon retired to Palm Beach
- Fred doesn't pay for Netflix and steals from Daphne
- Dynomutt hates Brian
- Scooby and Shaggy's signature dessert is jalapeno peppers on their ice cream
- Scooby-Doo is the last descendant of Peritas, Alexander the Great's dog
- Posters for the Hex Girls so they exist
- Arcade game of Hong-Kong-Phooey
- Dick Dastardly's friends call him Dick
- Alexander the Great and his dog Peritas conquered the world and built the Gates to the Underworld to hide their stolen treasure. Only Alexander or Peritas could open it - or, one of their descendants. The gate also keeps back hell itself
- Dick Dastardly's dog (and criminal co-conspirator) Muttley literally got imprisoned in hell by one of Dastardly's experiments going awry
- Dinosaurs exist as the Earth is hollow
- Shaggy is a jealous owner
- Brian is a Simon Cowell stan
- Captain Caveman lives in the hollow Earth under a mountain. He bathes in dinosaur shit. For a time, he also thought he was a velociraptor's dad, implying he also fucks dinosaurs
- There's also a thousand Cavepeople in the hollow Earth
- Putting Scooby's paw on the gate transforms Athens into magic Athens
- Cerberus is real
- The supernatural exists
- SHAGGY GOES TO HELL
- Friendship defeats demons
- Brian gives the gang a new Mystery Machine
- Mystery Inc get a head-quarters and parties with all of LA
Core characteristics of the Meta-Verse
- The gang are actors who portray themselves in a fictional show. Whether or not they actually fight baddies in their own lives is open to interpretation
- Scooby feels unfulfilled being the dumb dog in a show
- The gang got Scooby when he was a puppy
- Shaggy and Scooby are canonically awful at their jobs