SilentDawn’s review published on Letterboxd:
Hello everyone, take the John Wick quiz to see if It's right for you! (In all honesty, every single person on Earth should see this piece of badassery.)
1. Do you like to watch Keanu Reeves kicking ass?
2. Do you like to watch Keanu Reeves shooting many bad people in the face?
3. Do you like to watch Keanu Reeves ramming his car into other cars?
4. Do you like to watch Keanu Reeves punching bratty mob members in the genitals?
5. Do you like moody and neo-noirish cinematography, in the vein of Drive and Only God Forgives?
6. Do you like perfectly timed comedic moments with action sequences?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, see this when it comes out. Please.
Seriously, this is the meanest, most unforgiving, and most intense film to be released since The Raid 2. Except it has Keanu Reeves. I'm not kidding here, he's back in the grandest and most operatic way possible. Welcome home Keanu, we missed you.
Overall, this is a nasty piece of moody film-making that feels like a shorter version of a spaghetti western. Except it has Keanu Reeves. This was one massive surprise, and please support this when it releases.