ONLY GOOD MOVIES IN 2021
The Spongebob movie is a certified honker! One of the best comedies of the 2000’s?
Ween, Wilco, and Flaming Lips are on the soundtrack which is something I obviously didn’t care about when I was 7, but as an adult I’m into all of those band and I think it’s cool they’re in this.
Here are some notes I took during this. Spoilers I guess
- why is this a musical?
- Intro credits and theme song are still incredible
- why is Rainn Wilson in this?
- Sarah explaining the holocaust to her kids scene was weird
- Judith Lights portrayal of a Jewish grandma is spot on but completely unbearable
- seriously, why is this a musical
- I kind of respect how ambitious this is
- The fuck is this TV dream…