This review may contain spoilers. I can handle the truth.
Zane’s review published on Letterboxd:
This review may contain spoilers.
Zane Can't Write Coherently So Here's His Thoughts on Perfect Blue in 5 Points:
1) Imagine the "No more blue tomorrows" scene from Inland Empire stretched to feature length and that's a fair approximation of this (although way less interesting than that would imply)
2) It follows the Satoshi Kon trend of interesting ideas for scenes but the presentation is so choppy that they lose all impact.
3) Point 2 doesn't apply to the photographer's murder scene which is miles ahead of anything else in the movie.
4) Any comparison with Black Swan is totally unfounded, besides the most basic of premise they are completely separate works.
5) "There's a little too much animated rape in this" is something that shouldn't be said while watching anything.